i had petals so soft, before a stem so still i had leaves so green, before my veins had broken i had growth so bright, before i was buried down deep for i was a flower, before a fossil.
It feels magical and alive, now that the line connects them. What once were stars left to thrive are now connected like brain stem. They were just ordinary girls who lived in two separate worlds, until their worlds collided and they stuck undivided. She never really knew what struck first, the other's charm, or beauty, smile, or personality, but one was there for the other at their worst, and that’s when it made sense: totality. You see, they were just two lone stars, wandering about in the night sky, until destiny put them together and made a constellation no eye could deny.
Borrowed Voices The spotlight found me before I found my own voice. Warm, blinding, like it expected something of me. The others around me looked steadier, freer, like they had never questioned whether they belonged. I did. But I told myself to be brave. And so, it began. Words fell from their mouths like they had always lived there, fitting far too perfectly to ever be questioned. I waited for my cue like it meant something. But when it came, there was nothing. My name hung in the air for a second too long, a space where words should have lived. I had prayed for nothing to go wrong, and yet they filled in what I could never give. I looked down at my script, my lines erasing. Panic drenched me as I scrambled through the pages, but the ink had already decided I was unnecessary. The audience didn't notice, or maybe they did and hid it well behind their faces. So I tried again. I shaped my mouth around borrowed sounds, forced syllables into existence, stitched together something that...
Comments
Post a Comment