They tell me - A Glimpse into the Glorious Life of an Average Indian Teen

 

They tell me, “Beta look at your cousin,

She studied medicine whilst going to law school,

She studied a hundred chapters plus more a dozen,

While you sit here, making yourself a fool.”

 

They tell me, “Beta look at your sister,

She can cook a perfect crispy dosa,

She can even make vadas a twister,

While you sit here, drinking soda.”



And they still tell me, “Arey beta,

Don’t choose this stream

Otherwise our family will say tata,

And leave you with your broken dream.



And they still tell me,” Arey beta,

Spread the batter evenly!

Don’t flip it too quickly!

Don’t eat it so greedily!


Arey, mummy, papa

Give me some peace!

And cousin, leave me a dosa or a piece,

And after you eat, you shall leave,

For well riddance,

I will finally get some good sleep!


“Psst, Beta,

Have you seen your Aunty’s skin

so beautiful and clean!

ARREY MUMMY, BETTER TO SLEEP IN THE BIN

AT LEAST THEN, I COULD SLEEP UNSEEN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories Agone ~ Yours truly

A Kinder Night🤍